1.197.181 Small Block Slopes STILL DO NOT have proper collision boxes

SangurianSoul shared this bug 3 years ago
Reported

I have written several topics over the last months, since the collision update. I am making another, to try and say, again, that small slopes do not have proper collision boxes and will not slide against other blocks. No matter the displacement setting on the rotor.

Here is my latest attempt, to once again show and prove that is doesn't work. This is a ramp that is supposed to fold straight up, and it will not. Once it is stuck, it will not open or close. Changing the displacement on the rotor, does not work. Restarting the game does not work.

Nothing works, because the collision boxes are not fixed as well as the other blocks.

Replies (12)

photo

Does not work with hinges either. No matter the strength or speed at which its set to.

photo

Hello, SangurianSoul!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Thank you for the information about the slopes, is it possible to have a copy of the blueprint used in your images?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

YES! Absolutely! Thank you so much for getting back to me! I think I've written two or three other threads about this since the Wasteland Update without any response. What is truly confusing is that I've been playing this game since day 1, making all sorts of contraptions, so I figure if there is an obvious solution to the issue, I could figure it out. What is also surprising is that I have found no one else mentioning this issue, which I find really hard to believe unless I am somehow the only person making flush folding ramps with the 2x1 ramps.

#1 has rotor, #2 is a hinge. #3 is the same design as the pictures. I had several other designs that all would not work, so I figured these three would easily show the problem. They may open or close once, but they will get stuck, and stop working.

photo

Hello, SangurianSoul!

I'm really sorry that your posts have been missed previously. Thank you so much for taking the time to post again and to provide those blueprints (they were a massive help and easy to test!) I can see exactly what you mean. I have successfully reproduced the issue and reported it internally :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Thank you so much! Also, I have noticed a similar issue with small block windows and gatling guns. I'm not sure if the gating guns aren't meant to work like this or not. I will provide the blueprint as well.

Perhaps this one is working as intended, I haven't spent much time to figure this one out.

photo

Hello, just to put a post here to say that in the latest update, 1.198 (which is awesome by the way!) this hasn't been fixed.

I know it may need a little time with the update happening and all, I just don't want it to slip through the cracks and be forgotten

photo

Hello, SangurianSoul!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the update! :) The issue has not yet been fixed but will be addressed in upcoming releases.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I'm just leaving another comment here so this thread isn't forgotten and lost.

Issues still has not been resolved as of today, with the 1.198.031 Hotfix

photo

Update 1.199 is amazing! The parking and power behaviors were very much needed, and the magnetic plates are so cool!

However, even in the laundry list of fixes with this update, this issue still has not been resolved.

I just tested it with all three of my examples from above, and they still get jammed.

photo

I am very happy about all the amazing changed in 2.0. I will even be getting rid of quite a few mods.

But, once again. I am here 6 months later to say that the collisions; ARE. STILL. NOT. FIXED.

photo

...it has been a year since I last replied. It is now 1.202.

The collision boxes are still not fixed. They are getting worse. I have several contraptions that worked just fine before that no longer do. I cant even send a square elevator through a square hole with nothing but the basic armor block cube.

Why is this being allowed to happen? Was this a feature for the game or not? How can this very minor issue have been sitting here for almost two years with no fix? Am I somehow the only person experiencing these issues? Should I forget that the "updated collision boxes" were ever even a thing and just go back to assuming these designs will never work?

photo

Yet another MAJOR UPDATE has passed without this being fixed.

I do love your game. I do. I support you all with every DLC.

But it is things like this that cause the outcries on your forums and steam communities.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file