This object is in archive! 

1.196 Suffocating near small grid

NeonDrip shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

Standing close to some small grid ships results in taking suffocation damage even when in a pressurised room/planet, looking at past discussions on steam this seems to have been a thing for a long time one post being from version 1.169 in 2017.

My guess is as small grid ships get bigger the at some point get an air pressure hitbox and it just assumes because the small ship is not air-tight that there's no air and this "no air state" overrides the air from earth-like environments and pressurised rooms.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your report. Could you please provide us with a save of your world where you are experiencing this issue or a blueprint? We would also appreciate a video of your problem.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

hopefully these work

v links v

-video- -world-

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your reply. When I loaded your world, I observed the same issue as you described. However when I disabled all your mods, character began to choke everywhere because the room wasn't pressurized. This issue was caused by a certain mod or by combination of mods which we have no control over. I'm closing this ticket.

Kind Regards

photo

"However when I disabled all your mods, character began to choke everywhere because the room wasn't pressurized."

The reason the would choke in the room with mods removed is that the walls had modded blocks in them, if the holes from the removed mods were filled the would not suffocate as the room is sealed, your troubleshooting method is flawed as you basically just put a hole in a pressurised room by removing the blocks that made some walls and then blamed the mods for suffocating in a non-sealed room on an alien planet when that is the expected result on the alien planet.

In other words, you didn't actually test the bug without mods as you made a new problem that you didn't fix first before testing, instead, you tested if you choke on an alien planet or not, I just opened the world my self without mods and if you replace the blocks that are removed with the mods you can breathe in the room, the room is not the problem pls check your variables when testing, make sure pressurised areas are still pressurised after removing mods before testing as the should be a constant.

You did the equivalent of taking a car into a garage to see why its making wear noises when driving, removed the tires and checked the engine, then drove it without putting the tires back on and blaming the wheels for the noises.

It should be noted that none of the mods changes the airtightness code.

apologies if I was to heated with this, current world events have me on edge and it may have affected the way I speak.

photo

Hello,

Thank you for your clarification, however as I said, unless it can be reproduced on a clean, un-modded server, it is usually caused by a certain mod or by combination of mods which we have no control over. If you can confirm that this bug appears also in a vanilla world, we will investigate it.

Thanks for understanding.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it,

we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a

different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!