[1.196.016]Merge blocks put close to each other with rotor or hinge won't merge

Volcano shared this bug 3 years ago
Reported

As I was building a small grid cargo shuttle I wanted to add hinge-mounted large hydrogen thrusters on it and lock them in place with merge blocks once they had moved to the desired orientation. But no matter how many times I tried, the merge blocks never merged.

So I tried with a rotor and a piston (built on the same grid as the hinge) to see if the problem happened too, and it happened only with the rotor. When two merge blocks (one static, the other on a subgrid) are brought close to each other with a piston they merge as intended. When you try the same with a rotor or a hinge they don't merge, as seen on the first screenshot.

The large hydrogen thruster on the left is built on a hinge and has a merge block on one of its sides. On the right I used a rotor to try the same and on the middle I used a piston.

Then I tried by replacing the merge blocks with connectors, all built on the same ship as the merge blocks, and in the same situations : one hinge, one piston, one rotor.

As you can see on the right side of the second screenshot, this time all the connectors built on the mobile subgrids connect as intended with their static counterparts, while on the left side only the merge block on the piston subgrid locks successfully on its static counterpart.

It looks like the merge blocks will systematically fail to lock if you use a rotation move to get them close to a static merge block. When you try this the two merge blocks will have their lights flashing alternatively yellow and red.

While I do have some mods activated for this game, I only used vanilla (and DLC) blocks to build this ship, no modded blocks.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your report. Could you please provide us with a blueprint of your grid?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It looks like you didn't notice my answer yet. ^^

photo
photo

Sure ! Here is the blueprint you need : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2235473996

I hope it will help you !

photo

Hello!

Thank you for your blueprint! I reproduced the issue and forwarded it to our programmers to look at it. Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

I have encountered the same issue.

I have created a ship with a custom-controlled turret that I desire to 'lock out' for both blueprint-printing & stability purposes. I use a rotor for the azimuth (inertia-tensor NOT shared) followed by a hinge for the elevation (inertia tensor SHARED). I use small merge blocks for the connection. Neither connection/merge works when I connect across just one joint at a time. When I merge across both joints at the same time leaving the middle subgrid (between the rotor & hinge) free/unmerged then the connection works. The later doesn't achieve the printability I was after.

Happy to provide a blueprint if you wish to reproduce the issue.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file