[1.195.022] Audio cuts, Star System disappears when in space, cockpit

PFHD shared this bug 3 years ago
Outdated

Hello!

Since the latest bug fixes for the incredible 1.195 update, I've been experiencing difficulty when leaving planetary, moon gravity wells while in a ship. Immediately when I leave a gravity well, my audio cuts / statics and the Star System scenario I play disappears (planets, moons and sun vanish). However, when I exit my cockpit, everything reappears; when I reenter my cockpit while in space, the issue reoccurs.

Thanks,

PFHD

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Kateřina,

I hope you are well. I wish to inform you of two plausible solutions I discovered from troubleshooting the issue on my end.

For one, I believe it might be PCU related. I disabled PCU limits for my survival save, which had many crashed ships in it. I loaded a new surival save (with admin tools), flew to space with a blueprint ship and, to my surprise, the issue didn't recur. However, I repeated the test several more times with "hit-or-miss" results (half glitched, half didn't).

For two, I went into Space Engineers's Roaming folder (%appdata%) and cleared the "ShaderCache2" folder. I then went to Steam and verified the integrity of the game files. In my latest survival save, I've been able to leave gravity wells. However, I've since deleted the survival save I reported the issue on initially, so I'm uncertain if it helped or not.

Thank you for all that you do! I appreciate it.

Best,

PFHD

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file