This object is in archive! 

[1.193.022] Wheels and thrusters pitch bug after reload

Erik H shared this bug 4 years ago
Won't Fix

I have seen posts about this, but they used gyros, so I tested it just wheels, thrusters and with experimental mode off and I got weird pitching after reloading.

The first time I tested this it happened after 2 reloads but the second time (seen in the video) it happened after the first reload both times (2:10 and 7:27).

However, I could reload without problems several times after I copied the rover (3:30) but then when I made a new one and reloaded (7:27) and the problem was back.

I tried some more copy and reload and when copying a bugged rover it always works from my testing but if I reload, the copy sometime works and sometimes gets bugged.

I also tried to reload several times to see if it would fix it self but after 15-20 reloads i gave up.

https://youtu.be/75q6CAOngCk

Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? To report a bug into our system it is necessary to have reliable steps to reproduce in order for programmers to fix it.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello!

I have tested this some more and have found 2 different ways to make this happen. (1.193.101)

The first is the same as in the video and the second is by adding a gyro, the first 2 steps are the same.

1. Create a new star system without experimental mode.

2. Build a simple small rover with 4 wheels, cockpit, large battery and a thruster. Small thrusters will work too but large ones gives more pitching. (The rover should now work normally)

The first way: Save the game and load back in (same as in the video), it doesn't matter if you are in it or outside when saving. When you then load in, you will pitch when you hit the throttle. If it does not, then save and reload and that have always made it appear for me.

The second way: Simply mount a gyro and now when you hit the throttle it will start to pitch. If it works normally then just remove or add one more (some times when you add one and nothing happens then just removing all gyros can make the bug appear) and that has always worked from my testing.

Extra info:

If you turn off the thrusters after the pitch bug appears the rover will work like normal, but if you instead turn off the wheels it has no effect and will still pitch. If you instead remove the wheels completely it flies strait and without problems. (with or without gyros)

One way to fix a buged rover it is to copy and paste it, that has almost always fixed it for me. (doing the second way will make the bug appear on the copy).

photo

Hello, Erik!

As it´s quite some time from when your issue was submitted as well as last comment, I need to ask - are you still experiencing it?

I did try to build the very same rover as is shown on video, but did not reproduced the mentioned issue.

Can you confirm you are not experiencing is nowadays as well, please?

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!