[1.192.22] DS Grids invisible causing random ship explosions and spawn problems

LordTylus shared this bug 4 years ago
Solved

Hello there,

I have a lot of complains on my server where people say they cannot spawn on their ships and are stuck in spectator mode at planets core, or they can spawn and their grids are invisible.

I observed this "invisible" grid behavior on our server quite frequently currently. On Daily basis at least one player has this problem that they cannot spawn on their invisible grid, or other crash into their grids because they cannot see them.

Using a Torch server + Plugins I was able to export one of the grids in question and paste them on my Local DS.

On my Local Torch Server the grid is invisible

On my Local Keen Server the grid is also invisible (So not a Torch Issue)

On Single Player everything works fine. Grids visible no issues.

The world file linked below contains the world that I used for testing.

The grid in question is called !Broken 1 and should as first grid on Space Master. Just TP there and you will see the grid is there, but invisible. Running the same world in SP will show everything runs fine.

Please fix

Edit:

Since the Upload of my World-File did not work I uploaded it elsewhere

see: http://alehousegaming.com/Star%20System.zip

Also since Using the Workshop includes singleplayer where everything works fine I think that may change the parameters and does not ensure you can reproduce it

Some feedback would be appriciated if you got the world file, so I can remove it from our FTP again later

Replies (3)

photo

I have added the xml of the broken grid I exported from our server now as well.

Its not a blueprint, but I assume you can easily import it again if needed.

Maybe you find whats wrong with it just by reading the xml ^^

photo

This happens on at least two of the official servers as well, but neither players nor community admins can export a save game, so yours is finally the first repro case ending up in the support system. Much appreciated. Now I don't need to worry about destroying the only repro case any more, and try grinding the invisible stuff until it becomes invisible. I'll take a look at your world file out of curiosity.

EDIT: The commonalities I see so far are ship as static grid and safe zone, but I'd have to run a DS and remove the most likely blocks one by one to know.

photo

Update: The problematic block is the projector, specifically the loaded blueprint. It doesn't matter if it is on or off.

photo

The issue seems to originate from safe zones loaded into projectors. Players should be able to avoid it by

• Removing safe zones from blueprints they want to use in multiplayer
  • Unload (delete) the blueprint from the projector prior to leaving the visible range, logging off or a scheduled server restart

Devs and server admins:

In the world file from the OP (SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbs) there are 2 XML elements of type <SafeZoneOb xsi:type="MyObjectBuilder_SafeZone">. The first is from the concrete, built safe zone, while the second is from the blueprint in the projector. Removing the one in the projector, then deleting the binary world file (SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbsB5) and starting the server allows the grid to be streamed to the client again. Note: I have not tried to weld a projected safe zone with removed SafeZoneOb section - doing that may result in unexpected behavior. Instead players should temporarily turn the projector off, add the safe zone manually and then turn it on again to continue with the rest of the ship. Hope that helps.

photo
photo

EDIT: Got fixed yesterday!

photo

Fixed in hotfix v192.102.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file