[1.192.022] Fuel estimates are wildly inaccurate

Chetar Ruby shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

Basically, I loaded my 'base' with lots of hydrogen, it said on the fuel estimate it would last many many years. So I logged off for the night.

Coming back about 8 hours later, I find my base is out of fuel, my character is dead (parked in a cryo bay.)

Please fix fuel estimates.

Replies (4)

photo

Fuel estimates are based on battery consumption alone. If engines or reactors are providing the majority of power, batteries will drain very slowly giving a high estimate, even if the fuel is being rapidly drained.

Most players unfortunately assume the estimate takes fuel into account.

photo

They also took uranium into account. Only the H2 generators throws the estimation out of whack.

photo
photo

Irrelevant. I was using ONLY hydrogen engine to power my base. All batteries were set to RECHARGE. In fact, when I recovered my base, all my batteries (4) were fully charged (cuz that's how I left them before I logged out.) The batteries were fully charged before I even logged out and left on RECHARGE. They were not a factor.

photo

When you set them to Recharge they wont power anything, in turn using all your Hydrogen ;)

photo

Yes, you're right. Which is the crux of the issue reported. Batteries set to recharge only, and being already fully charged, lots of ice and hydrogen stored up. Sitting in a control station, it says you have *YEARS* of fuel remaining, yet less than 8 hours later, it's burned all the hydrogen and ice. This is the bug I have reported.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Additional observation: When running a stationary grid off purely solar power and batteries, even when solar output is greater than power usage and batteries are fully charged, when you sit in a passenger seat or control station on that grid, you will get spammed with 'No fuel' warnings endlessly. The fuel estimate will 'jump' from 0 to some number i can't even read fast enough and back to 0, endlessly.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file