This object is in archive! 

[1.192.022] Containers/Tanks Weight Glitch after grid separation/unmerging

Anton shared this bug 4 years ago
Solved

When you split grid with a full container into 2 new ones by grinding a bridge block or via unmerging a merge block mass of the items in the container will be associated with the grid that has the most amount of blocks, regardless of the container location.

Moreover, after separation CoM of the largest grid will be calculated according to the container mass and location at the moment of separation (even if it's not physically attached to that grid).

Here is a video that will explain it way better - https://youtu.be/WEwgG3Xd_uwPay close attention to the grid mass (bottom right corner in the cockpit) and the mass of items in the yellow container

This glitch/bug/exploit can be used to create grids with an enormous mass. Or vice versa to create weightless cargo ships

It will occur in creative and survival only if there are no constant changes with the grid in the moment of separation (for example if there is a refinery or oxy consumption it will not work).

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The issue has been reported.

Have a nice day :-)

photo

Fixed in v193.

photo

Whatever was done to fix this is causing my ships to go into negative mass now when I get into the cockpit.

My ship has a grid mass of 215,000. As soon as my character gets into the cockpit the grid mass goes to -777,243.

My character has nothing in it's inventory and I have a mass of 0 just as I should. I have tried deleting the grid and pasting it back in. I have tried killing my character and respawning. I have tried new games and other grids. No mods. Files have been verified 3 times with no issues.

Everything is negative mass as soon as I enter a cockpit. All my large block grids are affected by this. I can't use a jump drive because "distance too short" since it has negative mass.

I don't know if small grids are affected.

This isn't an integer overflow, it can't be because the mass it too low. It's acting like an overflow though.

Replies have been locked on this page!