This object is in archive! 

1.192.020 Main menu hangs on load

Blast Smith shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

When opening the game the main menu doesn't completely load (black screen) but music plays. I have to kill the process with task manager. Deleting the config file allows the menu to load (first run screen shows) but am unable to click anything, again music plays, and again I have to use task manager to kill the process. Retrying to load the game after the second attempt without deleting the config file yeilds results from attempt #1.

I've tried verifying files through Steam and reinstalling. Nothing changes unless I delete the config file.

First run after the 1.192.020 update I was able to play for a couple hours without issues but after closing the game and trying to run it again the above happened.

Replies (5)

photo

Edit: I allowed the game to sit for several minutes in the background and it eventually began responding. This has to occur each time I run the game.

photo

Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? Could you share your SPaceEngineers.log and VRageRender-DirectX11.log? Do you have the latest graphic card drivers?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sure. Something else I've noticed is while I'm playing, if I hit escape to bring up the pause menu it freezes for a couple of seconds as well. I now think what happened when deleting my config file was a coincidence. I put my old config file (pre-01.192.xxx) back in and it worked, but it did still hang just as long while loading Space Engineers as a fresh config file would.

I had to upload the SpaceEngineers.log to Dropbox because it exceeded the max upload size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjgx0ym137ep24d/SpaceEngineers.log?dl=0

photo

Hello, Blast Smith!

I appreciate this thread is quite old. There hasn't been an update in a while and I wondered if this issue still persists? If it is now resolved, I will close this for you :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

For me, at least it is not resolved.

photo

Hello, Angus!

Is it possible you could provide a video of this happening? Also, a log of when this occurs too would be a big help. Does this happen all the time for you?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

My issue is similar, but not entirely critical:

It will stay like that for up to 10 minutes, with the cursor missing, when I click the "load game" button. Performance is terrible elsewhere in the main menu until that 10 minutes has elapsed. After that, game performs perfectly normally.

photo

Hello, Angus!

Thank you for the further information. Is it possible to look at a log from when this happens if it happens again?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!