This object is in archive! 

1.192.0 - Unable to use some new block skins with proper DLC

Jay Tennant shared this bug 4 years ago
Not a Bug

A video of the issue: https://youtu.be/U8mbz8QNcyk

I was unable to use Gold, Moss, and Wood block skins, but the others were accessible. I should've been able to place them since I had the DLC required to access those skins. This was on a private server. Perhaps I've set something up wrong?

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: "Private server", as in a local single player launched from within Space Engineers (not a dedicated server).

Best Answer
photo

Okay, I have a working solution from https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/didnt-get-free-expansions-for-already-downloaded-dlc

If you disable the Economy Deluxe DLC (unchecking the box in the DLC area, next to "Installed"), then start up Space Engineers, the rest of the missing content from the updates to both SE Deluxe and Style Pack DLC's will appear in the steam inventory. Then, enable the Economy Deluxe DLC.

Replies (6)

photo

I have ALL of the DLCs for Space Engineers including the suit skin DLCs, but Wood and Moss skins are still locked after numerous restarts of Space Engineers, Steam, and my PC, game re-download, reinstall, and file verification. Steam support was no help and states it's an issue with the product.

photo

Redownloaded and reinstalled? That is dedication! I won't do that without a good reason on a 6mb connection, so your example saved me several hours, thank you!

photo

A little more information: it seems that only the Glamour, Disco, and Silver armors were added to my Steam inventory, probably because I had just purchased the Economy Deluxe DLC and run it for the first time after this update. I also already had the Digital Camouflage, Carbon Fibre, and Clean armors after purchasing the Style Pack DLC and running for the first time before this update.

Since I've previously bought and run the SE Deluxe, Decorative Pack, and Style Pack DLC's before this update, it seems the game isn't checking to add the Gold, Moss and Wood armors that are meant for those DLC's to my steam inventory.

photo

Oh, and I don't have the Retro Engineer and Ghillie Engineer skins that were to come with the updated Style Pack DLC in my steam inventory either.

photo

And I have the Comic Concept Art and the new soundtrack "SE_deluxetrack_v2.wav" in my steamapps/common/SpaceEngineers/DeluxeDLC/Artwork and Soundtrack folders.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Yourtopic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue asit will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Okay, I have a working solution from https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/didnt-get-free-expansions-for-already-downloaded-dlc

If you disable the Economy Deluxe DLC (unchecking the box in the DLC area, next to "Installed"), then start up Space Engineers, the rest of the missing content from the updates to both SE Deluxe and Style Pack DLC's will appear in the steam inventory. Then, enable the Economy Deluxe DLC.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we are not able resolve this issue because it is on the Steam side. Please contact Steam Support. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This issue was resolved 24 hours after Xocliv was made aware during the twitch live stream of the DLC's release.

Replies have been locked on this page!