This object is in archive! 

[1.191.023] Cleanup inactive players deletes connected grids

LordTylus shared this bug 4 years ago
Solved

Hello there,

today on our server happend something unpleasant.

One player became inactive because he didnt log in for longer than 10 days. Which according to the cleanup settings caused the grid to be deleted.

So far so good. Said grid was a small utility ship not even 100 blocks. It was connected to a big carrier ship owned by an active and online player. Which was deleted as well.

Of course I would expect only grids by inactive players to be deleted. not connected grids by active players. If the grid is connected via piston or rotor its fine to be removed I guess but I grids connected via connector are surely not a good idea to be deleted.

Could you please fix that ASAP?

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Faction play is really hard with this bug. We are trying to daisy chain timers to have a fail safe that turns on a light before the 10 days so we can manually disconnect the players stuff from the station.

photo

Agreed, but I'd treat rotors the same as connectors.

photo

I consider it fixed in 197

I tested

Delete all ships < 2000 blocks unless they have a respawn point

and then connected it to an other ship that has a respawn point. while they were connected nothing was deleted. And as soon they were disconnected the ship without respawn point was deleted.

So it will only delete if both grids match the conditions. I havent tested optimal grid count settings or deletion of identities but the stuff I was unhappy about before is fine now.

photo

Hello, LordTylus!

Thank you for letting us know. I will close this but if you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to let us know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!