[1.190] Recent update broke a large portion of mods

Peter S shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

A large portion of mods ended up with MOD_CRITICAL_ERROR's, and major mod API changes weren't mentioned in the patch notes, hence why I figure this is a bug of some kind.

Replies (4)

photo

Not a core Space Engineers issue. The mod makers have to update their mods to match the game, just like it has always been.

photo

I disagree. In recent updates, there hasn't been such a large portion of mods damaged. It has only been a few especially if they were complex. Here however, mods that have been on the workshop for ages without issue fail regardless of complexity. Also, it seems that only one bug is seen in all of the errors and not multiple, leading to the conclusion that something went wrong on Keen's end of things

photo

Considering that most of the errors are thrown in Keens own code (ObjectReference exception) when calling GetDefinitionDLC.

Without communicating the required chages to modders, how do you expect them to keep up to date?

If the XML schema has changed, this should be documented in the patch notes. If modders need to remove or add things from their block definitions, this should be communicated.

Just saying Modders need to update to "Match the game" do you also expect that they do a whole load of manual file comparisons to see what needs doing to "Match the game"...

Can you advise what i would need to do to a mod that has worked for a long time to now match the game?

photo
photo

That's a looong list though, with some very popular stuff in it... people can deal with API changes, but a bit more documentation would just be... nice and make "3rd-party content provider's" lives much easier.

photo

Any modders with a problem that happen to find this thread.

Check you CubeBlocks file for references to definitions that dont exist.

Especially in the BlockVariants tags.

Checking for spelling and actual missing definitions etc.

This seems to have been the issue thus far.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file