This object is in archive! 

[1.189.040] Dedicated Server: Exception while loading world - Object reference not set

SirJay Zett shared this bug 5 years ago
Solved

Today after stopping dedicated server then updating and restarting it just don't want to start. Console output says:

Exception while loading world: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

It doesn't matter if I try to start a saved world or create a new one. There is always that exception and then the server is shutting down.

See screenshot in attached file...

Replies (7)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This exception usually indicates a broken/corrupted XML file in the save you are trying to load.

photo

Ok, but then the server app itself corrupts the files? But starting with a fresh new world the bug was there too.

photo

Hello,

Please, can you provide saved world for easier reproduction?

Thank you very much for your feedback and have a nice day :)

photo

Hello,

thanks for your answers, but I forgot to update this issue as closed. After some updates to Space Engineers the bug get lost itself and we could start our little server again. Now our only hope is in more stability and better sync. But I think these are not beeing disgussed in here. :)

Thanks for the great work with the game, but please, we beg you, help us with better client-server-sync and stability of MP on a server.

Keep up the good work!

photo

Hello, SirJay Zett,

as this thread is rather old now, can I please ask whether it is still present, or if it was indeed fixed as mentioned in last comment.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Ondrej Borz,

well, that mentioned bug disappeared as I wrote at last time, but we started a new world with some mods and didn't got that bug anymore till now. Actually the server is taken down, because of performance issues if we begin to build up bigger moving constructions or try to use rotors and pistons. They just keep exploding randomly or just stopping to move/rotate. But this is an well known thing about multiplayer running on a dedicated server and we are hopefully waiting for some improvements in this direction.

So, this issue with the mentioned bug is gone for us as it.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, SirJay Zett,

thanks for coming back to this issue and for confirming :)

Will close it now.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!