1.189.029 playtest - multiple bug reports
First of all it was a pain to register here, UseResponse kept giving me weird errors. Anyway here are the bugs i detected:
1. Sound Bug - looped refinery sound. When i am on a grid that also has an active refinery, that has a lot of ores to refine, the sound effect continuously loops even when i leave the area where the refinery is. Can be fixed by going to menu and reloading.
2. I accidentally merged 2 static grids that were not aligned that were both bases without merge blocks. So i had my base large grid [will be named grid A] where i had built my survival kit, assembler, basic refinery, h2/o2 generator hydrogen engine and about 8 wind turbines in different directions on 8 block wheel made poles. I also had a separate grid [will be known as grid B] where i started building my mobile large grid base [a land cruiser], this grid had an almost finished hull with 8 3x3 wheels with 6 batteries that i needed to charge, so i built a couple of wind turbines on this grid as well. I saw that the batteries would charge in 5h+ from the wind turbines so i started to scratch my head thinking 'why didn't i start building this thing from the main base where i already had wind turbines'. So i started to check if the grids were somewhat aligned so i can try to merge them. I got some steel plates in my inventory and started building a line from grid A up to grid B, when i got near grid B i saw the line i made from grid A was not aligned at all [it was literally 1/3rd of a block away from grid B]. While i was looking at grid B i had the ghost block selected and it showed green [as in i was able to place this block on grid B] but it intersected by 2/3rds the line i built from grid A. So since the game highlighted the block as being green, telling me i could place it there, i clicked and it placed! [i was thinking what could go wrong] Well magically grid A shifted and aligned itself to grid B and they attached.
3. Wheel wrongfully calculated power usage. So after the above two mentioned grids merged, i checked to see in how much time the batteries would charge and it showed me 2h+. So that was acceptable, since it was night and had nothing else to do. I started tinkering with the wheels, [don't forget this is a large grid suspended on scaffolding] I turned the control stations' handbrake on, and started playing with the settings of the 3x3 wheel suspensions [8 in total]. Limited the maximum speed at 80kmh / changed the suspension strength from the default 6% to 10%. Didn't touch anything else. Anyway i started checking the direction controls, when i noticed i was pressing W the wheels were not turning but the power consumption was going up! So the question here is: why are wheels that have handbreak on consume power when W is pressed since they are not moving at all!
4. Hydrogen thrust feels low. Since the hydrogen engine is a complementary power source, not a main power source due to it's hydrogen requirement that can only be acquired via the h2/o2 generator i decided i needed uranium! So i started building a small grid ship that was capable of taking me to space before the playtest update. The ship i'm talking about is this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1370140640 tho a much lighter version without ammo, gatling guns and missile launchers. It was perfectly capable of going to space from earth like planet. Not it seems the large hydrogen thruster on a small grid barely works. So i crashed that when trying to take of, and started building a bigger version. 2 hydrogen tanks with 5 large hydrogen thrusters to go forwards. Took a long while to fill the hydrogen tanks but this in the end was capable of getting me to space to find and mine uranium. Could we expect that h2/o2 generators with hydrogen thrusters to stop working now?
5. Wheel power usage. After getting my uranium from space and successfully landed [got shot by an mining outpost encounter, was fun, almost shat my pants thinking i was about to loose everything hehe] i started grinding down the space ship i used and the parts of the above mentioned grid A i wasn't using anymore. I was getting ready to release my land cruiser from it's scaffolding. After i finished grinding down everything and after i released my land cruiser
6. Wheel moving sound. Wheel moving sound was extremely loud and started to sound distorted, like really bad till i restarted the game. It still sounds distorted and bad but not so intense. From what i remember i have arcade sounds on.
For the moment this is it, i'll let you know if i find something else. Cheers and great work everybody! Love the playtest update.