This object is in archive! 

[1.188] Spectator Mode is enabled for everyone after hotfix

Renz shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

F8 Spectator Mode is accessible despite being disabled in the World Settings in creative

This was not the case before [1.188]

I've tested this to new worlds as well as existing worlds, both with Spectator disabled

I went to creative server with spectator disabled, and I could still access it

I went to a survival server with spectator disabled, and I couldn't access it (phew)

Having spectator always enabled in creative multiplayer is making it hard for admins to identify the greifer, which I usually disable it

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,

with the security updates in Minor 188.1 we reorganized the rights of each rank from Player up to Admin/Owner.

The rules for these are specified here.

Are you the admin of the server?

Do you think the issue is breaking the rules linked above?

If you do please contact us with more information.

Thanks for your cooperation and have a nice day :)

photo

I've tested it on more random servers and where Spectator is disabled and where i definitely do not have rank. I have access to spectator mode on all of them. I've asked a few players to do the same and they are getting the same result. This only applies to creative

photo

This is still a bug.

you can kill yourself while getting into a cockpit, and then after your body despawns grind down the cockpit to enter spectator mode on survival. Combine that with nearby members showing up in coms and you've got a pretty powerful radar system with unlimited speed

photo

Hello, Engineers!

This thread is rather old now, so let me first of all ask whether any of you are still experiencing it nowadays?

If yes, did the behavior changed anyhow through the time?

If no, can you confirm that this issue was most likely fixed/solved in the various game updates?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!