This object is in archive! 

[1.188.105][DS] LOD on Planets broken after some time

LordTylus shared this bug 5 years ago
Solved

Hello there,

currently I have been playing a bit more on planets, but on each planet I noticed that after some time (up tp 30 minutes of flying around) the LOD stopped updating.

I then see floating Trees, Bases which are under ground and when walking on the ground it may happen that I am running in the air or below the surface.

This only is a graphical glitch though. The horizon altimeter still shows correct values and once I reconnect to the server everything looks fine again for some time.

I noticed it happening on Dedicated Servers only so far. And attached some screenshots of how it looks.

Note: The Screenshots I have taken Today happened after about 15 Minutes of flight in the lander on a Vanilla DS. Basically I just spawned in a new one and flew from Ice Lake to Ice Lake in straight lines.

Replies (4)

photo

I Noticed this happening more often since I have a new Video Card that allows me to run the game on high settings.

It happened significantly less often when running on medium settings.

Will test running the game on medium again to see if thats an improvement.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Havent come across this issue for quite a while now. At some point 193 or 194 visuals were improved and since then the bug hasnt shown up for me anymore.

So I consider it fixed for now.

photo

Hello, LordTylus!

Thank you for letting us know. I will close this but if you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to let us know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!