This object is in archive! 

[1.188.105] Cant Load Multiplayer 2khour playtime long Serversave on dedicated server

Abisius shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

after around 2k hours of runtime on my dedicated server iam unable to load the world anymore, in singleplayer the exact same world is still loadable.

whenever i try to load the world on the dedicated server over the servermanager that comes with the serverinstallversion from steam for se i get the error "cant load sector" and it cancels the worldloading.

new worlds or younger backupsaves are still loadable but once they are around 2khour playtime i cant load them anymore.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us! Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? Do you use any mods? What PC and settings do you have?

To report a bug intoour system it is necessary to have reliable steps to reproduce in order for programmers to fix it.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

i have used mods and also no mods when it has happened, i nthe past i had the problem with provided dedicated server fro mg-portal and atm i use a rootserver to let the dedicated server run that is provided by a private person with win10 enterprise as os running on it.

first time i noticed the problem with a save no lonegr beeing able to get loaded at reaching the 2k hour mark was around a year ago and since then i tried to test out if it is caused by a mod, worldsettings or not. as far as i am with my research it is not depending on the settings or mods used, even the pause for the server when no one is on it makes no difference, once a timemark of around 2k hours is reached the save is still useable in singleplayer or coop but no longer on a dedicated server.

i tried to give the latest worldsave where it ahs occured in use, there with mods, into the report but the save seams to be too big with its 2.7gb to be able to get processed by the report system

photo

have made a new world with the february update where the new voxel generator came and since today it is like if you are walking in jelly, selecting a tool needs around 15-20 secs as well as interacting with blocks and i need several attemps till the server loads the world.

a competly new world works just fine so i dont suppose it is a prob on hardware side far more a prob with the worldsave.

the world has no mods and besides of the vanilla settings only airtighness, realistic sounds, ingamescripts and some blocklimits for produktion and constructionblocks as well as ore detectors and programmable blocks are set up

the settigns on the testworld are completly identical and c&p grids over doesnt couse the prob to happen there.

photo

Hello, Abisius,

as this thread is rather old now, as well as your last comment, let me please ask whether you are still experiencing nowadays (v197.181) or in recent past.

There has been various game fixes and updates that might resolve your issue.

Can you confirm or disprove that this issue is still happening to you?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!