[1.188.105] Blocks ownership reseting to nobody when damaged

Hijal shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

This has been happening in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Blocks that have been damaged below the point of being functional by collision damage have their ownership settings reverted back to "nobody". I'm not sure if this happens from the damage itself or from being repaired after having taken damage though. While this has not been observable for inert blocks that have no function and require no power (armor blocks) this has occurred with blocks such as welders, drills, gyroscopes, tanks, and conveyors -- presumably any block that requires power or performs a function of any kind. In my specific case my own ships and/or faction members ships opened fire on my own grids that have had the ownership of blocks reset from taking damage. I do not know if this happens with damage from weapons fire though. I've only observed this happening from damage caused by impacts on either another grid or static objects (asteroids, terrain).

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

We had this bug 2 times already, first time we've lost big ship because of it. It's really rare bug. Weird is that we probably had blocks damaged on a ship, we had this ship docked to "mothership" for 2 days. After one restart we saw that ship cutted in half. All guns on mothership targeted some specified block or blocks. I assume that may happen after a server restart.

I've made some research about it and found that guns shooting that ship are broken now. We had them turned off for few restarts. Now those guns are crazy. Shoot all the time, even without ammo, shooting where they are currently targeted. My friend went into line of fire. Got damage, got 0 HP but guns didn't kill him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwDTSqRVZlc

Leave a Comment

Attach a file