[1.187 - Win10] Problem with Piston shakiness

LordStuff shared this bug 6 years ago
Outdated

I have two problems with pistons that sort of seem like a bug to me. I uploaded the map folders to my dropbox but also attached them in case they get deleted somehow.

1)

In this save the insane piston shaking causes the ship to completely get out of control and break apart.

STR:

1. Unlock the landing gear that holds the pistons with 2
  2. Extend the pistons with 5 (might need to press it two times)
  3. stop it before it hits the ground of the hole with 6
  4. Wait a few seconds. The shaking would cause the pistons to try to stop it which causes even more shaking, up to the point where things go bad. This happens even without the drills running.
  5. (Playing with the piston's forces as well as the power and offset of the wheels helped avoiding the shakiness a bit. Also, locking the whole rig in place with the Landing Gear at 8 helps. It seems the wheels just add to the shakiness. The Landing Gear helps, but it can still happen that the drill breaks. This happened only today, as I described in this thread, when playing with a friend yesterday or trying it in creative, it never shaked as bad as this. Although with the Landing Gear, when being careful you can even use the drill with the pistons fully extended).

2)

In this save I built a mining rig with a few pistons built in a row. For construction purpose it was built as station and then should be disconnected. When I do that however, the whole thing turns upside down, breaking itself and anything in range in the process.

STR: Just grind away the unbuilt Light Armor blocks of the rig. It should start spinning right away.

Also: This might be not just (or not at all) a piston thing. When you restart the save and grind away the connector (on top of the wheel suspension) and then disconnect from the station blocks it should not spin anymore. So maybe the "second ship" of the piston collides with the wheel suspension and the game tries to seperate them by force.

Thanks in advance. I hope the information given helps a bit.

EDIT: reuploaded the savegames with medical rooms set to Nobody and without backup files

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file