1.187.101 - Custom Respawn Ships wrong spawn location

Martin Eichler shared this bug 6 years ago
Outdated

I encountered a bug with workshop Respawn Ships. I created a custom Respawn Ship, but it won't spawn near the location (around a planet) where I set it to. I finally found out that it is actually a bug caused by the settings in the Sandbox.sbc (or SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg). There I limited the servers world size to 600km. First I thought the planet in question might be out of the maps boundaries, so I set the size to 2000km. However, the ship still spawned around the middle of the map (even if there is no planet present there). So I reset the world size to 0 (infinite) and started up again. Finally, the ship spawned where it was supposed to. So for some reason <WorldSizeKm>higher than 0</WorldSizeKm> kills <PositionAndOrientation> settings of custom respawn ships!

Replies (3)

photo

This is strange... Via: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/spawn-ship-spawns-at-000-in-world .

I have a spawn ship that is meant to spawn far away from all 3 planets.. it's sort of a hard start spawn ship. in my world the settings are nowhere near 0,0,0, and is still not spawning where it's supposed to... but my world size IS set to 0... so i'm not sure what's causing it.

but something in the world seems to be causing the issue... i'm not even sure what but removing all grids fixes it... but is far from the 'fix' i'm looking for.

Let me know if anyone else contacts you about this.

photo

Did you create a standard Star System and delete the planets and replaced them with your own? I needed to start up an empty world and spawn in a planet to be able make my respawn ship spawn where it should.

Besides, try turning <IsRespawnGrid>true</IsRespawnGrid> to "false" or add this line if it is missing completely.

The top part of the ship's code looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Definitions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <Prefabs>
    <Prefab>
	  <Id>
        <TypeId>MyObjectBuilder_PrefabDefinition</TypeId>
        <SubtypeId>TransportShip</SubtypeId>
      </Id>
      <CubeGrids>
        <CubeGrid>
          <EntityId>143205730151443610</EntityId>
          <PersistentFlags>CastShadows InScene</PersistentFlags>
		  <UsePositionForSpawn>true</UsePositionForSpawn>
          <PlanetSpawnHeightRatio>0.0001</PlanetSpawnHeightRatio>
          <SpawnRangeMin>100</SpawnRangeMin>
		  <SpawnRangeMax>500</SpawnRangeMax>		  
          <PositionAndOrientation>
              <Position x="133409.618698416" y="-172418.316299754" z="-57798.8408007111" />
			  <Forward x="0" y="0" z="-1" />
			  <Up x="0" y="1" z="0" />
			<Orientation>
              <X>0.418414176</X>
              <Y>0.877937257</Y>
              <Z>-0.104388349</Z>
              <W>0.207987651</W>
            </Orientation>	  
          </PositionAndOrientation>
		  <EntityDefinitionId xsi:nil="true" />
          <GridSizeEnum>Small</GridSizeEnum>

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file