This object is in archive! 

[1.187.089] Space Engineers causes Simulation Speed leak

Lord_Anubis shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

Space Engineers goes insane by Simulation CPU.

I play normal but after the Update all went horribly wrong.

Thanks.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, I looked at your log file, it seems like the simulation is down because of exceeding the PCU limit, but I'm not sure until the end that this is the very reason.

LEGEND,time,ReceivedPerSecond,SentPerSecond,PeakReceivedPerSecond,PeakSentPerSecond,OverallReceived,OverallSent,CPULoadSmooth,ThreadLoadSmooth,GetOnlinePlayerCount,Ping,GCMemory,ProcessMemory,PCUBuilt,PCU,GridsCount2018-07-27 17:19:55.737 - Thread: 1 -> STATISTICS,4861.35,0,0,0,0,0,0,330.5513,60.64956,1,0,2455.375,3400.453,107390,-107390,280

photo

Hey,

could you also provide your world's save?Thank you!

photo

its also in experimental mode. ever since this latest major patch released, if you do the exact same thing in experimental(ex mode) or non experimental, experimental always has crazy fluctuations in sim speeds and CPU loads.

I spawned in two vanilla ships and let them fight and crash into each other in non-ex, CPU load maxed out at 25%, sim speed 1.05 average. do the exact same thing in ex mode, nothing different, literally just checked ex mode and i was getting CPU loads of 95%, vrage monitor said it was hitting 10000%, sim speed average was .85 its like they purposely make ex mode less stable.

photo

I don't think anyone would want their product to be unstable.

Perhaps it's experimental for a reason...

photo

Tau, while I agree that it's likely unintentional, there is seemingly no reason why this should be an issue. I have a pretty good computer, and I still tend to get some significant lag when things start happening. The fact that I almost always play in experimental mode may help explain why.

photo

Nothing wrong with removing features when in early access.

But what Keen did is wrong and may even be illegal in most of the world.

They "sold" the game in early access with features that are not part of the released product, well those features are in the game but they call it "experimental mode" and retracted any guarentee of it functioning.

Its like they released half the game, because they got critics saying it was taking too long.

It's easy to shift blame because of "experimental mode", its legal mumbo jumbo that shouldnt be there in the first place.

make a working product instead.

photo

hello

space Uzbekistan Islombek2021

photo

Hello, Engineers!

As I see, the original thread as well as the last comments here are rather old now. Can I ask if any of you are still experiencing any issues regarding to this subject? If yes, can you please specify?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!