This object is in archive! 

[1.187.089] Multiplayer server terrain and physics problems

chaotic42 shared this bug 6 years ago
Won't Fix

Our group is encountering issues where the drawn terrain and its physical surface fail to match up. The problem is resolved by disconnecting and reconnecting, but if the problem areas are near structures or vehicles, reconnecting can and will cause them to be stuck in terrain upon reconnect. Obviously this causes explosions and lots of lost work.

I've attached screenshots.

Replies (8)

photo

I get this ALL THE TIME. Even in singleplayer. It doesn't seem to affect anyone else I have played with from what I know, but this is a constant problem for me. I find I get it usually after flying up from the ground or after long distance flight where it sets the terrain to low poly.

photo

Same here. After flying away from my vehicle for a while and coming back, the terrain voxels will display either too low or too high. It seems as if the terrain has a lower LOD: the voxels are more blocky, and the texture seems to have a lower resolution. The physics still behave normally. See attached screenshots.

I usually trigger this in multiplayer when flying about 20km away from my Mars vehicle to a friend's base, and then coming back to my vehicle. It has happened to me both on a locally hosted server, and a dedicated server.

photo

I've also noticed similar issue with floating trees in offline play.Not very often and it looks more as an LOD issue, I didn't see close floating trees, only faraway.

photo

I had destroyed my vehicle in same way! On my private MP server.

My friend have seen a giant terrain wall in front of me I just saw a terrain slope which looked driveable, suddenly i hit the wall and thats it...

photo

Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? To report a bug into our system it is necessary to have reliable steps to reproduce in order for programmers to fix it.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I know that a couple of dedicated servers were ruined by this issue.

To my knowledge the problem suddenly became unplayable when someone tried to tunnel really, really deep into each planet. He got within a few km of the centre. This seems to have been the cause to make things sink in and out of the voxels of the entire planet, and the host couldn't find any way to fix it short of shutting down the server until a way to stop/fix it is made.

photo

Does it still happen to anyone?

In case it does. Is it in a world without mods? What are the specs of affected PC? What details are set for voxel quality?

Thanks.

photo

My friend still has the same issue. He tried on a world hosted by me, a ds and single player with and without mods. The problem only seems to occur for him if he joins the server and not in single player. We both use the same (graphical) settings, and the only big difference between your pc's I can think of is that he has a nvidia graphics card and I have a amd card.

Replies have been locked on this page!