[1.187.088] Rotors Clang

marcin212 shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

To start, build two rotors like in the screenshot. As long as they are connected with a line of blocks, everything is fine. Once you put a spotlight on the blocks between the rotors, everything starts flying. If it doesn't start, just wiggle the "Upper Limit" rotor slider. Tested on dedicated multiplayer. Blueprint starts spinning immediately on spawning.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. It will be forwarded to our dev team for investigation.

We will change the status of this topic and inform you about its progress here as soon as we have new information. Based on the amount of bugs we receive, it can take some time to review all reported issues.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
photo

He only has to set one Rotor to Off and the break Troque to 0. thats the whole "Issue". The Rotors are working against each other.

photo

I connected two ships via rotor and tried this:

• Have the parts wiggle around: This confuses the dampeners resulting in uncontrollable rocking forth and back building up to dangerous levels.
  • Lock them together with additional landing gear while the rotor is not in use, which shows the OPs behavior. I.e. there are tensions in the rotor(s) that cause the entire structure to roll.

This is a good bug report as it is a bit more complex. All the forces and bending tensions of pistons and rotors need to eventually result in an equal torque applied to both grids. I think this may be what you were working on with "share inertia tensors" in experimental mode.Special case: If grids are connected statically via connector or landing gear no impulse may be applied to either of them. That may fix some residue forces due to rounding errors and reduce load on the simulation if the grids are otherwise standing still.

photo

Bug still exists: https://youtu.be/VP5MPxV3FZk

Leave a Comment

Attach a file