This object is in archive! 

[1.187.0] Large ship get out of control at higher speeds

Alexander Binkert shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

Using a speed mod you cant fly a large ship above ~260m/s, it is turning around and getting out of control. Haven't testet small ships yet. Before the update 10km/s was no problem.

Replies (8)

photo

Update: Only near planet or heavy CPU-Load.

photo

This happens in worlds with no planets and CPU load <10%. It seems to have to do with the shape or mass of the ship more than anything. I have a converted Mining Carriage with a respawn bus merged to the top that does it, but a very large carrier that doesn't.

photo

I recognized this in a new game "star system" choosing the pressurized yellow respawn ship with assembler, refiniary, and gravity gen ("respawn ship" withoput any number). Tried to get out of planet gravity, but near the planet i was not able to control the ship above 260m/s. Later in the game, maybe 250km away from planet, 800m/s worked fine.

So shape of mass can be a reason, but there must be something else.

photo

Made the test described above, and then removed earth and moon by admin menu. No changes, ship gets out of control. It's not caused by planet

photo

Another test, just removed some blocks from top of the ship and replaced the right thruster (see screenshot). 1200m/s without any problem.

So shape/mass, or maybe just changing the initial grid somehow, makes a difference.

photo

There is an update for you, the odd behavior disappears if you switch power of your ship off by pressing "y". I tried this at the moment i recogniced that the ship starts to get out of control.

But more strange things will sometimes happen if you switch power on again :) Things like: engines are starting, dampeners on, but you ship will maintain speed.

photo

Hello,

the game is tuned to work with speeds up to 100 m/s. There can be more issues with higher speeds than just this one and that's the reason why we don't support it in vanilla version of the game.

Thank you for the report.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for your answer,

I currently fixed the bug by removing the collector block from the ship.

Replies have been locked on this page!