[1.187.0] Atmosphereic Thruster Ground Effects in Space

XenoCow shared this bug 5 years ago
Not a Bug

In space, while using ships with ion thrusters, I am seeing the effect that atmospheric thrusters have on the surface when they kick up dust. I will set up a test world and see if I can reproduce it outside of my survival world.

Edit: I have created a testing world:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1446026368

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. It will be forwarded to our dev team for investigation.

We will change the status of this topic and inform you about its progress here as soon as we have new information. Based on the amount of bugs we receive, it can take some time to review all reported issues.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I now think that the effect is intentional, I'd move this post to the suggestions section if I knew how.

photo

Thruster wash against asteroids looks ok to me, it's when you get thruster wash against your own ship or stations that it starts to look weird.

photo

I agree, it makes it look like everything has somehow collected a thick layer of dust out in space.

photo

I thought this was a feature in space too actually. Seeing as how our ships are always on asteroids collecting dust. I just thought it was all over the place.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file