This object is in archive! 

[01.187.xxx] opening an Inventory only shows the one you are interacting with

Nikolas March shared this bug 5 years ago
Solved

opening an Inventory only shows the one you are interacting with, instead of all connected inventories by default, and it keeps switching it back to only show connected inventory every time.previously reported and 'fixed' under SE-7498 "switching to inventory tab from another tab resets both left and right sides to 'show only this inventory'", this now far worse, and very annoying, please can we get this fixed properly this time, and make it show ALL connected inventories by default, like it used to, or at least make it stay on the settings we set it to.

Original report

minor annoyance bug, switching to inventory tab from another tab resets both left and right sides to 'show only this inventory'

Observed Behaviour: terminal screen, switching to inventory tab from another tab resets both left and right sides to 'show only this inventory' (the 'helmet/what you are looking at' icon), since 1.186 major or maybe a patch since the major, ive not been 'playing' until this week.

Expected Behaviour: the terminal should remember the 'show connected inventories/only this inventory' setting for each side when switching to the inventory tab like it used to, when opening inventory directly with the action key, it opens the terminal/inventory screen with the right side already on 'show connected inventories' as expected so this is still ok. any typed search text gets remembered still.

STR

open inventory screen while connected to other blocks and inventories, switch tabs...

Replies (3)

photo

Also, if I press K and open inventory tab, this happens. The thing I told is coming from an older version. I hope it was not a feature.

photo

Wewt in progress! This bug is really annoying after the 100th time of clicking connected inventories :D

photo

changed in minor update 187.1

default selection is still first button, but selection is now persistent even after closing the screen

photo

Since this update now the choice is remembered.

But if I try to access the inventory of a wolf / dog I have to reclic on the "show inventory of interacted item"....

Without that I can't access the "wolf" inventory....

photo

This makes it appear there is nothing on your corpse/backpack when you loot it. I lost several Elite Tool Sets thinking the Inventory was bugged. This is not good behavior for new players to experience. The right side should default to selected container if there are no connected inventories, but still remember the last setting. and display connected inventories next time if that is what the "player" selected.

photo

Try making a new issue, it's possible they ignore this now as it's marked Solved.

Replies have been locked on this page!