This object is in archive! 

[01.187.101] Grid and player desync still a major issue

Outfrost shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

Some block control panel settings are randomly desynced between the server and the client - I can turn off a refinery, then switch to the inventory tab an still watch it process ores into ingots.

Player characters are often desynced - when one player is in an area, and another player joins the server inside a cryo chamber in that area and starts moving around, they will not appear as moving around to the other player until either a reconnection or entering and leaving the cryo chamber once more. Similarly, the player previously present on the server won't appear to the new one as moving around (or sometimes even existing at all), but their actions will be visible, leading to a sort of "phantom engineer" situation.

I've also recently seen inventory items experience desync on a few occasions too many, leading to being unable to pull items out of cargo spaces, seeing phantom duplicate items, etc., although that hasn't happened for a few days, so it might not be there in this patch.

I've been seeing these issues for a very long time now, and even the new MP netcode has not put an end to them - something I find particularly peculiar, because I don't think synchronising block settings and inventories is as tricky to get to function properly as synchronising character and grid movement and interaction. I'm of course willing to provide additional info if any troubleshooting and/or testing is requested.

Replies (6)

photo

Moving to bugs. Would be great if you can provide a world save file and more exact steps to reproduce.

photo

It's been so long since this report that I don't even know if or how applicable it is now. My bet would be that desync is still a thing, because it never comes up in company testing, but I unfortunately don't have time to test it now.

photo

just ran into this again, for the umpteenth time - same scenario every time

1) join MP server

2) collect parts to build a large block small reactor. including uranium ingots.

3) weld up the reactor as part of a NEW grid -- one you created the same play session.

4) after completing, shift+click the ingots into the reactor --> reactor inventory appears empty. ingots are gone from your inventory. but reactor wont turn on.

use F5 to re-connect to server. ingots show up in reactor inventory as expected and reactor will turn on

photo

Hello, Engineers!

This thread is quite old now, as well as last comments here. So let me ask whether any of you are still experiencing it even nowadays. If yes, does the behavior changed anyhow? Or is it still the very same?

If not - can you confirm? There´s quite big chance it got fixed/solved though various game updates meantime.

Thanks for letting me know about the current state.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

We are not having the exact same problem, BUT we have one out of 4 players, who will see ships not at the same spot.

It could be 45 degrees of of to one side og whatever, that said player can move through the boards of the ship untill he hits the "real" sides but cant see them, he cant access controles or buttons.

funny enough he have tryed from 2 different PC's with the same problem.

Replies have been locked on this page!