Wardrobes should NOT be the ammo of choice.

Kirstan Jones shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

I recently had my Fortress on a server throughly trashed by.. Wardrobes.. Yeah.

Apparently they're stronger than stone & basically making using actual ammo highly ineffecient. This is obviously not right. Wardrobes should explode on impact and cause NO damage.

Please deal with this issue and stop the scumbag exploiters out there from rampaging free on public servers.

Replies (5)

photo

what server is it because that sounds like fun! a siege! someone knowing how to toss things! this gets me excited! lets launch wardrobes at their wardrobes? -- did you repair what was being damaged because that almost always is faster than the attacker, sorry for your loss!

photo

Sadly the damage caused was very substantial. To repair it would probably take me a couple days if I played for like 4-6 hours per day. The entire front section is gone, a large portion of the main entry floor & basement are demolished. The side walls are totally gone & the walkway to get up there is also heavily damaged.

photo

Got attacked again on a different server and so have additional information available. I spent literally upwards of 8 hours being sieged by these cheating scum, and was observing their methods, and caught them out a couple of times. What has been happening on public servers is a combination of abusing a glitch and I think outright hacking: I'm pretty sure the players involved haven't actually gathered materials for the literal thousand or so wardrobes they attacked with.

If someone at Keen could contact me if you want more information. Would like to limit knowledge of how this works, so won't post exact details directly.

photo

8 hours of you vs. the evil horde needs some credit to you - i once took on four enemies for four hours solo so i have a lot of mad appreciation for your situation. a wardrobe is 8 metal parts and 8 plank pieces so its really just two timber and one metal ingot to source per creation each. its the damage effect that is of course worthy of Keen's inspection. i wish there was a way you could have summoned from this forum helpers in your defense! we would have loved to come to your noble defense, godspeed on the exploit justice mission here!

photo

Hello, thank you for the report. We are rebalancing small blocks on the publictest branch. That should stop Wardrobes attacks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file