Gristmill and sawmill stop detecting toolhead

Mithrilchu shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

when logging out in singleplayer and later logging back in, the toolheads in gristmill and sawmill are no longer detected. you then have to take them out of machine and put them back in, then the machine work as intended.

reproducing:

singleplayer. have a working windmill with either gristmill or sawmill. have the correct toolhead in machine and log out out to main menu or fully out of game. log back in to the saved game and put materials in machine to be processed. it then don't start.

removing toolhead and placing it back in machine should restart it.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, thank you for the report. I was able to reproduce it and we will look at it.

photo

consider it like this. your on a server running a sawmill, you log off, sawmills still going, server restarts sawmills still going, you haven't been on for a week sawmills still going. all this time wasting server resources. now multiply that by every person that builds a sawmill on the server. It's fine how it is now, a little annoying but minor issue.

photo

maybe make it so the tool-heads take damage till you pull them out of the machine, keeps machines from being left on, and punishes the offenders. give the tool heads a 1 hour lifespan while running without a task.

photo

Jim. i don't think you noticed how Mithrilchu states that its single player mode, therefor when he logs out the sawmill would not be still going. Maybe they should make it so that the tool-head only runs when there are resources inside to convert, and once them resources have been converted then the tool-head should pause until more resources are added. I admit it is also very frustrating in multiplayer mode when you are trying to stock up on certain resources and you loose connection, then have to go round to all your mills and reset the tool-heads, this is one of the reasons why i keep all my mills close to each other :)

photo

Even the highest quality tools take damage when left running for hours with no load on them, leave a band-saw on running the saw-band will break eventually might be few days, but we're taking a game with 1 day=1hour or higher, and were talking medieval tools, so not modern quality. so I estimate that a medieval construction saw ran off of a mill would probably only run for 24hours or less before breaking. though the machine itself would probably take the damage.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file