Progression
The game is looking good visually, controls are good and I appreciate the work you are doing.
I'd like to talk about progression.
The contracts idea fits some of the bill for unlocking blocks, but I'd like to see more interim points and unlocking via research and progression. I can tell already with the type of progression being implemented, like space engineers 1, the progress will feel stale very quickly.
Take a reactor for instance, do the contract, unlock the block, suddenly I can use nuclear for power, it's done. What I would rather see is some machines that need built for research, those machines are power hungry and require me to build significant basic assets to get there in the first place. I should have to refine fuel pellets for the reactor that requires multiple stages that can be automated. The initial automation could be poor until I research or acquire assets to upgrade it. Maybe once I've done the first fuel refining and have the first depleted fuel I can unlock research that allows me to build a breeder reactor for more efficient fuel processing. Just add to the chain of things, most of us want to strive to get to the last most efficient and powerful design. The game's tree is just stalling and that's what hurt SE1 in my opinion, people just ran out of stuff to do. Contracts are a fun way to do some pieces, but not all of it, diversify a little.
Secondly, I'd love an option to turn off using raw materials to build things, I hate how trivial it makes building.
Thirdly, I want to be punished for letting my jetpack run out of fuel, the game should be at least that difficult. Infinite flying without fuel just breaks the game, why bother making the O2/H2 generator at all while on a planet?
I like this feedback
Replies have been locked on this page!