Asteroids Blinking
Not Enough Votes
When flying through a dense asteroid field, when they get close enough, they get a new skin. Nice touch.
However, if the field is dense enough, one of the halos or Olivara's Ferric Drift, they blink out out for a few frames before reappearing with their new skins.
Blinking out is very unsettling if the object is very close to the flight path.
I'm guessing that the logic generates a list of objects to reskin and processes then all at once. You might consider only doing a couple of reskins per frame.
Access denied
Access denied
I like this feedback
If I ever come across an asteroid with a giant eye and functional eyelids, I will know who to blame, in a good way. :)
Can not wait for the mod on this one.
PS. Yes, I have encountered blinking asteroids too.
Question: does an individual asteroid blink one initial time, or every time it is approached when crossing a distance boundary?
If I ever come across an asteroid with a giant eye and functional eyelids, I will know who to blame, in a good way. :)
Can not wait for the mod on this one.
PS. Yes, I have encountered blinking asteroids too.
Question: does an individual asteroid blink one initial time, or every time it is approached when crossing a distance boundary?
The “flickering” is apparently caused by switching between LOD models.
The “flickering” is apparently caused by switching between LOD models.
I've noticed it too, it's know as Level of Detail (LOD) which renders distant objects at a lower quality for better performance and then swaps them for their higher quality variants as you get closer to them, I think they call it 'popping' when there's a gap between the two. I checked the settings and there doesn't appear to be an option to change this, there is 'Render Distance' (culling) but not LOD as far as I can tell. It would be a nice addition if this setting existed though.
I've noticed it too, it's know as Level of Detail (LOD) which renders distant objects at a lower quality for better performance and then swaps them for their higher quality variants as you get closer to them, I think they call it 'popping' when there's a gap between the two. I checked the settings and there doesn't appear to be an option to change this, there is 'Render Distance' (culling) but not LOD as far as I can tell. It would be a nice addition if this setting existed though.
Replies have been locked on this page!