This object is in archive! 
[Feature Request] Bring back the Projector Block for Space Engineers 2
Not Enough Votes
Hi Keen team and fellow Engineers,
With the upcoming advancements in VRAGE3 and the new systems in Space Engineers 2, I would love to see the return of a dedicated Projector Block (or an equivalent blueprint projection system).
In SE1, the Projector was an essential tool for:
- Shipbuilding & Repair: Repairing damaged grids directly from a saved blueprint.
- Survival Gameplay: Automating construction via ship/station printers.
- Visual Guides: Displaying 3D schematics or decorative holograms.
While SE2 introduces new physics, grid mechanics, and building paradigms, having a reliable way to project 3D blueprints in-world remains crucial for complex Survival gameplay and automated shipyards.
Key features/improvements I'd love to see for SE2's Projector:
- Better alignment tools (easier visual feedback when aligning projection to grid).
- Multi-grid blueprint support natively integrated.
- Clearer visual representation of missing/damaged blocks.
What do you all think? How would you like to see blueprint projection evolved in SE2?
I like this feedback
This is essential for repairs. The projection building system is cool but as soon as I get some parts blown off my fighters I need to try and remember how everything went. The only alternative I can think of is to grind them down and build a new one with the blueprint, but that's super inefficient when it's just a few thrusters/conveyors that are missing.
This is essential for repairs. The projection building system is cool but as soon as I get some parts blown off my fighters I need to try and remember how everything went. The only alternative I can think of is to grind them down and build a new one with the blueprint, but that's super inefficient when it's just a few thrusters/conveyors that are missing.
Replies have been locked on this page!