This object is in archive! 

[Weapon suggestion] Guided ordinance

Joni Lindfors shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Guided weapons, mostly of the missile variety as well as torpedoes are a primary focus of modern naval and aerial combat not to mention a lot of Sci-fi settings, so the lack of any such weapons in SE strikes me as odd.

First and foremost, yes I know that player made weapons are a thing and I love them. But being realistic they have some significant issues. First they are really quite clunky and with the speed limit extremely easy to dodge. But the biggest problem is their usage in multiplayer as they have a strong tendency to melt servers thus making them pointless in any actual pvp.

So what I am suggesting is a new kind of missile weapon available both for large and small ships. The guided missile /torpedo. I'm suggesting something similar to the current rocket weapon but, well bigger. Say 1x1x4 blocks in size with the large block variant being able to be reloaded via a conveyor and the small ship one requiring manual reloading much like the small rocket launcher.

Usability vise they would go perfectly with a radar of some kind but as we don't have one they could be guided via the target locking system introduced in warfare 2. Coming with a range of 2km. The damage of the missiles could correspond to the current warhead sizes with the large one doing the same damage as a large warhead and the small one that of a small warhead to make them a hard hitting but expensive weapon that can be shot down or with the case of smalls hip disrupted with something like flares. If memory serves there used to be a mod like this some years back.

We could also see a large ship guided missile turret firing the small ship guided missiles for anti fighter purposes.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file