This object is in archive! 

Large large grid Atmospheric thruster model movement and build box size reduction

John Dawson shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Firstly Apologies for the length of the article I've made I just had to get the whole point across.

We all know that the Large atmo thruster on a large grid has the largest build box of any thruster in the game and it doesn't utilize the whole build box like every other thruster leaving over a block of unused space from above and below the thruster.

What I suggest is moving the model up a little over half a block to make it almost flush with the top of the Collision box and then shrinking the size by one layer from below or doing this from the other way but in both ways shrinking the overall size this takes in a ship.

Attached is a series of images showing how shrinking the box wouldn't affect the model as even with the newer remodel there's still space above and below the thrusters.

The first 2 images show the current state of the thrusters taking 3x3x5 blocks in space and the smaller versions using almost all their space at 1x1x3

913e34695a6d9bf162fe705a50c192e47b0cca5c946309664b4c8391bdd71cec

the next 2 images show how even a half-block of space is visible above and below both thrusters

68f8c7039dc83b4dab7f6a22af3b0c618bde6d6763a7c9105b2d8967fdbae9ff

Using a piston I was able to move the thrusters up to the original height and place a layer of blue and black blocks to identify the possible new lower height that could be achieved with the movement of the model.

2e1d5e660dd25904c6d9fe9816534bb934124c9be8b4669489ed7db74bab4c370e3ca8d96931793eb9c7e048dee5b371

with this change, the block drops from the 3x3x5 to 3x3x4 and still has space for further adjustments to the model if necessary.

Now I'm not saying it's an easy job, not in the slightest, I expect it would take some time to incorporate a change like this if possible at all and it will cause multiple issues with existing mods and possibly planned changes however I would say if this was an option I would do this earlier rather than later when there are more DLC skins and mods designed around them that would require more work to update.

I have just always found it weird that it's the only thruster in the game that doesn't utilize its whole box no version allows pressurization when placed in a ship and is the most awkward to fit into ship designs.

Thank you to anyone, not even just the review teams for getting down to this point, and apologies again for making such a long-winded post for such a tiny thing

Replies (1)

photo

Share your views after solitaire read this contain its about gaming.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file