This object is in archive! 

Small grid small ion thrusters not working on test/beta MP server

Sean Teague shared this bug 4 years ago
Investigating

I created a small grid ship in space with a reactor and 8 small ion thusters (2f, 2b, 1xup/down/left/right).

They do not turn on until I log out and into the server. And when I log back in, the ship rubber bands when I move. The ship will go around 2.5m and then when I let go of the thrust, it will quickly sink back into it's initial position,

I wouyld have attached a blueprint but it looks like the test ended and I just got booted out.

Replies (5)

photo

I have exactly the same bug on EU#3. Build it - dark thruster bug. Relog - position desync bug. It also happens on large grids for me. I tried building just a small reactor, uranium in it+1 small thruster and the result is the same for both small and large grid variants of this setup.

photo

STR on EU#3 server

1 - build an ion thruster block (small or large grid)

2 - build a large nuclear reactor+insert fuel

Expected behaviour: Normal thruster block function

Observed behaviour: Thruster flame effect is not present, thruster doesnt respond to keys, after relog the flame is back, but the entire grid keeps returning to its position (looks like old desync). Other players entering or rebuilding the blocks doesnt help it. Restarting the game doesnt help it. This doesnt happen in singleplayer (most likely MP related bug). In older versions, admin copypaste of the bugged grid solved both dark thruster and desyc bugs.

photo

STR on EU#3 server

1 - build an ion thruster block (small or large grid)

2 - build a large nuclear reactor in the same grid+insert fuel

Expected behaviour: Normal thruster block function

Observed behaviour: Thruster flame effect is not present, thruster doesnt respond to keys, after relog the flame is back, but the entire grid keeps returning to its position (looks like old desync). Other players entering or rebuilding the blocks doesnt help it. Restarting the game doesnt help it. This doesnt happen in singleplayer (most likely MP related bug). In older versions, admin copypaste of the bugged grid solved both dark thruster and desyc bugs.

photo

UPDATE: The bug disappears when you merge and unmerge the new grid

photo

I did not use any merge blocks and the bug happens to me when building in free space without any connectors or landing gear

photo

That's the point. The workaround is to do use something to merge it with after building and then disconnect it again.

photo

In that case, I don't know if it counts but this also happened to me when I used a landing gear. I did not try it with a merge block though.

photo
photo

Hi,

Thanks for the report

Leave a Comment

Attach a file