This object is in archive! 

Repair contract not completing

Ross Samson shared this bug 4 years ago
Won't Fix

I was working on a repair contract but was unable to repair the blocks to a 'functional state and thus complete the mission.

To test things further, I ground down some blocks on the target ship but was unable to repair those either.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi,

Was that NPC faction contract?

photo

The way it behaves for me is as if the NPC faction is out of PCU or something. I can repair and it takes all of the components, just never gets past 'Hacked' state.ce07bb7005fbe9dfaf1f846d5efeba40

photo

Jason, I've had that before. It's the hand welder - a ship welder will work

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for contacting us. Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? Does this issue happen in single player or on a server? Can you please provide us with a save?

Any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi Thanks for responding. This happened on Keen NA #3 server. I was able to weld up some of the components, but as you can see in this screenshot that although i had all the materials i could never weld past the functional line. I haven't played SE in a few weeks, but I believe this behavior is the same as if you are out of pcu and try to weld something up.

photo

Hi Katerina and team, I never tried with a ship welder, perhaps Michael's comment can lead you in the right direction.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

I appreciate this thread is quite old. Is this an issue you have ran into recently? If not, I will close this thread for you :) There have been a number of updates so it may now not happen for you.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Same issue as of 05-21-2021. Accepted a Repair Contract. Went to the objective, got a list of the components needed, went back to base and got the components. Arrived back at the objective, welded up every "damaged" block, but none would acknowledge past "Functional" or "Hack" and mission would not complete.

On a server in Experimental Mode with NO mods.

photo

Completed the contract by bringing my small grid welding ship. Hand welder should have been suffice.

photo

Hello, Sivaas_!

Thank you for letting us know. Is it at all possible to provide a save from the affected server if it is yours/you know the owner? Do you happen to know when exactly you get this contract, on what station? What was the text of the quest log before accepting it? Any other further information would be great to try and narrow this down.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Typical wording for a Repair contract and from RTAT Space Station. The Repair was a small ship with oxygen farms, oxygen tanks, a few solar panels, no control seat but a seat or desk, lockers, an ion thruster or two for each direction. I do not know the server owner and can not provide a save.

photo

Hello, Sivass_

Thank you for the information. If you come across this again, could you either provide a save if possible or a video? It's quite hard to go on with neither and that would help identify it much easier :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Although there was a recent update, without a save or further information it makes it very difficult to reproduce the issue. If anyone is able to supply a save where this happens or further information should it crop up again, please do not hesitate to let us know :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

I'm on the SE KEEN EU#2 server and have the same problem with repair contract, they simply will not complete.

All the materials are in and the irem will not ber repaired to 100%.

In my case for the TFWE contract.

It cost me my reputation and materials.

Build: 1.200.027

photo

Currently having this issue, using hand welder, everything is repaired yet the contract won't complete, i have attached both a video and save file (obs recording quality really isn't the best)

photo

Just saw this, completed all the repairs and the REPAIR HERE label still showing, nothing else to repair.

Replies have been locked on this page!