This object is in archive! 

Give player starting in Space actually a space station as first coordinate

Karmoq Steve shared this feedback 4 years ago
Not Enough Votes

I just finished playing on the public branch. I started in space, but got a coordinate of a economy station on earth. This does not really make much sense since most players will start out with ion thruster powered ships. I suggest that playeres starting in space get a guaranteed space station coordinate.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi,

Thanks for feedback

We will think about it how to do it.

photo

true i thought it was a bug....started in space and got no datapad...actually thats unfair to give space players NO station at all

photo

Same on three occasions.

photo

If you start in space, your first coordinate should be in space, if you start on a body (moor, or planet) your first coordinate should be on that same body. I started 3 games (private server) on earth before I got a station on earth.

photo
photo

I would suggest implementing a choice of "spawn in space near..." options.

1. Spawn near players (current)

2. Spawn near Asteroids (how it used to work)

3. Spawn near NPC station (default if economy enabled)

I got lucky with the one new save I created today, spawned in high orbit above a planet, the nearest NPC station was in orbit around a moon which was actually closer to me.

photo

Yep, I tend to start with a miner and got the first station on Earth. Crash-landed near it just to find out it was a station selling gas, not even worth one piece of damaged armor. So I restarted from scratch - as the test time was too short for planet grinding - got another datapad with Earth-coords, ignored it and spent 2 hours finding a station, other people I know didn't find one in 10 hours of playing. Not good, nono ;)

photo

In playtest #2 I started in space and got a gps location that was on earth.

After building a proper ship with jump drive I went for the station in jet pack, took 3 hydrogen bottle with me and 1 oxygen bottle and just dived to earth, looked for a hauling contract, one was the distance of alien planet I took it, got back to my ship in my suit, which I reached with 20% energy left and still a lot of hydrogen in bottles. once I got to the Alien planet area it was a space station with around 7 space stations all close by range of 5-20km.

The planet station gps for a space start does not bother me that much as with hauling contract you are sure to find other station easily. It also give a reason to go to planet as otherwise there is none.

I still agree it would be better to get a space station GPS if you start in space just for the common sens of it.

photo

and i started on earth and got a station in earth orbit.....very nice :D how am i supposed to get there?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file