This object is in archive! 

add a grid's worth in raw materials in the info tab for player strading

Rivvion shared this feedback 4 years ago
Not Enough Votes

With the new update we can currently buy ships from trading stations for their price in raw material cost.

If a PLAYER builds a ship and they would like to sell the ship to another PLAYER using the PERSONAL trading system;

they would need to find out how much their ship is worth in raw materials first!

(based on that core price they could discount the price or bump it up a bit for building labour cost, who knows)

The point is, people need to be able to find out how much grids are worth in space-credits somehow.

this could be either done in the Info tab:

http://prntscr.com/odmv4a

or somewhere else.

Thanks for reading! o/

Replies (7)

photo

I agree this will make it easyer to custmize ships for sale.

photo

thanks for feedback

photo

Well thought bro. I'd never sell my ship for less then the cost of the materials, i guess i'd charge a 50% if i'd eventually have an interesting design for some obscure reason. But if i sell my ship to you what will prevent you from ctrl-c it and start mass production? Really nothing i guess. This would mean every ship can be sold just once. In that case i guess i'd charge even more...

photo

Kinda like Space Engineers toolbox

photo

Good comment, i think everyone agrees this should be a thing!

photo

totally! nice idea

photo

My 2 cent: Every step of processing is a value added. Refining, assembling, welding all have known time constraints (at 100% speed). Say you used for example 10 uranium ingots and 20 iron ingots in a ship and 1 kg uranium takes 5 seconds and the iron 1 second per kg, then your refinery was working at full load for 50 + 20 = 70 seconds (calculated by the game). As time is money, the player then enters a credit-per-second value in a calculator (that is remembered across logins). Let's say they pick 100 SC per second. That would add 7000 SC to the final price.

In the same vein, assembling time and welding time can be calculated with different factors, because different setups have different efficiency. (I.e. hand welder vs. automated ship welder.)

This kind of calculator could be used for the trade of components and vehicles alike.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file