This object is in archive! 

Small Grid Hydrogen Thruster Too Weak (Public Test Feedback)

John M shared this bug 3 years ago
Submitted

With how much hydrogen it takes to get a small grid moving, it isn't worth using a hydrogen thruster with the thrust reduced to make it so that you cannot lift the moon rover.

if this came with a major improvement in efficiency, i could have overlooked this, but it makes it so that we might as well remove hydrogen thrusters altogether, as they have been made near useless

i also feel that the existing strategy of just throwing a couple of h2o2 generators into the ship and having a lot of cargo is way too unrealistic and should be changed, as they shouldn't be able to keep up with the output or be too inconsistent. but i feel that the hydrogen capacity is also way too small, or its too small for the efficiency of the thrusters.

so i have some suggestions

1. revert the change

2. keep the change, increase the efficiency by 2x

3. revert the change, increase the efficiency by 1.2x (preferred)

4. keep the change, increase the hydrogen capacity and/or generation efficiency by 1.2x to 2x for small grids

5. REDUCE THE CAPACITY OF THE SMALL GRID H2O2 GENERATOR and revert the change (preferred)

6.reduce the capacity of the H2O2 generator, making separate "H2 fuel" and "O2 oxygen" generators, each more efficient than their combined counterpart, as researchable blocks

7. introduce extra hydrogen thruster counterparts that can be researched that allow for more fuel consumption but much more thrust, or use less fuel and output less thrust, but are more efficient at their job than simply using the same amount of thrust for a changing output, because people could already do that manually, instead, i suggest to make them at least 1.2x efficient at their particular proficiency, such as less fuel consumption -OR- more thrust. This means that the thruster isn't simply a re-skinned or restricted version of the original, nor does it mean that the original loses its ability to do what it did before

Replies (3)

photo

Hi,

There was not a single change how hydrogen thrusters work in the public test.

So is this general feedback or do you see some difference compared to official version?

Thanks

photo

the moon rover, which normally is able to lift off of the ground and fly around, could not do it at all during the test, at full thrust.

it seemed like the thruster was simply draining the hydrogen system instead of providing thrust

photo

Hi,

That sounds like a bug. We will investigate that issue.

Thanks for the info

photo

Did you had any connector or landing gear on that grid?

photo

Closing ticket. If you still feel there is some issue, you can respond and we will open it again.

Replies have been locked on this page!