This object is in archive! 

Massive Rubberbanding / Lags

Viruality shared this bug 3 years ago
Submitted

on the Public Test Server I got massive Lags and Rubberbanding Issues, I assume it is not client sided, as it only happens in Space Engineers and only on the PTS

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

be sure that you have good connection (ping) on our servers. You can see ping in F3 screen. Also CTRL-H will show up network status.

Thanks

photo

Hi,

We don't see any network issues on our servers. Check the network status in your client and let us know.

photo

So I checked performance with the current live build on my rented server:

Server List tells me a Ping of 13 while the ingame Ping varies between 58 and 84 while currently alone at the Server but with a bunch of Ships present (Space). FPS is constant between 110 and 120.

Testing with Keen Test #5 EU I see a Ping of 16 in the List and a pretty constant Ping of about 90 in Game, in the middle of Space with currently two others conected. FPS stays pretty much the same.

But one thing is very notable:

Right after joining I started to move my Spacepod a bit forward, like with 40-50 m/s and like 20 seconds after spawning in the Seat of the SpacePod a huge Asteroid appeared right in front of me.

Similiar happening on EarthLike, where the world takes so long to load that the first 40 Seconds I can't move without falling through the ground.

Also, he last days it happened that I sometimes needed 4 or 5 tries to get through a door because the game rubberbanded me back but in a slight different angle so I mostly ran against the door post. That didn't happen that much on my personal server with 4 players connected (most likely only when saving was happening or the server was already running for a few days straight) while on the PTS I have this behaviour multiple times per hour, even with only 1 or 2 other players connected.

photo

OK, Thanks for the info and feedback

Replies have been locked on this page!