This object is in archive! 

Weather stops working after Admin Mode Teleport?

AdaRynin shared this feedback 4 years ago
Not Enough Votes

I set all graphic settings to high/exteme, I created a new Red Ship Creative world, enabled Admin Tools, added Mars, Earth, Europa, and then I used the /weather commands.

First impression on Europa and Mars:

• Overall the effect does what it says on the tin.
  • I noticed the sun also had a good looking effect shining through the weather.
  • It snows less in caves (better than in mods).
  • Fog makes it very foggy even indoors (I only tested a blocky box with one window and a door). I don't know how hard this is to implement, but I expected no fog indoors. Maybe we have to pretend that this is a thick atmosphere and not fog.
  • And when flying straight up "above the clouds" all the weather just disappeares. ;-(

Mars test:

I drilled 300 degrees of a spiral-like hole (RMB) on Mars, and the furthest-away deepest end of the cave is usually in complete darkness. With Fog or snow it was lit light-gray in the cave and in indoors. At night or in the dark, fog should not be light-gray?

Then I parked a small grid vehicle with 4 spotlights facing the ground above the cave end, and switched the engineer's torch off. With the spotlights on it was almost daylight in th cave. Indepenent of weather Clear or Snow, day or night. Never noticed that before, not sure if that's old or new light behaviour. 72a4a2a9879467073711dd51c0e66eb5

Frozen game:

I used the admin tools to find an economy station and the game stalled, "not responding".2744019cb398df33ed134a10b255a792

In general:

After (restarting and) teleporting to any planet via spectator mode, the engineer was either walking on top of 1 m of invisible ground, or at other times, she was sunken into the ground. Everything was quite pixelated too at first, and one planet in the sky had a 1/4 of the surface missing. After a minute of walking, the ground was at normal foot level again and the textures started loading normally. Not sure if that's old or new.414095cf4b4f4829145a7ea38d82bf3f

Earth Test 2:

On Earth I tested snow on a hill, and then I used Admin Teleport mode to travel to economy stations because I wanted to see the weather through large windows and inside safe zones, and in the savannah. But since I teleported on Earth, the Weather effects have disappeared. The console still claims "you are now experiencing heavy snow at your location" etc., but nothing. I reloaded the save several times and could not get the weather to work again. Didn't see any error messages.

Replies (3)

photo

Second attempt:

Created new Earth Start, in Creative, with economy, and admin tools.

It snows indoors. :( And it's abit laggy in single player with max quality graphics. Snow/Light colour on earth is kinda beige (but that has been the case for a long time).

Also a safezone that I built while testing snow had no texture (just white plus-signs and dots). Only after ctrl-tabbing it got its colour and texture.

I started snow elsewhere and flew over to a Savannah, which now has blue sky with heavy snow and no fog. Looks nice, but strange. :)

When flying straight up from Earth snow is visible above the clouds ("in space").

photo

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback

photo

Tried again after yesterday's update: With snow enabled, there is no more snow indoors (very good), but still a lot of fog indoors. And fog light and heavy were hard to distinguish.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file