This object is in archive! 

PublicTest glitches

AdaRynin shared this bug 4 years ago
In Progress

[At first it was unclear what we were supposed to test (start screen, oxy tank, and controllers), I might add something more later. Would be good to put that into the announcement.]

When I start the SE application from Steam, the buttons (Continue, New, Load, Join, etc) have no text. Then I CTRL-Tab back and forth a few times and then the buttons appear normally. It happens at the same time when all integrations (Ansel/Steam/Discord/Gamebar) pop up, but that might be coincidence. Attached screenshot.

When I Save and Quit to main menu (in beta as well as in current release), the game often becomes unresponsive. Sometimes I have to "stop" it via Steam or Task Manager. No error message. But the game seems to have saved correctly.

I tested the PublicTest in Singleplayer with all graphic settings on max (Extreme or High). There is still some jagginess when flying fast on planets, and map loading is not faster (just as it was on high settings before), but I can play at higher quality now.

On PublicTest Multiplayer with ~30 people (Xocliw's Stress Test), the server claimed it had 60 fps and a simspeed of 1, but we had 300 ms ping, so we could hardly walk. I could connect and spawn at the medbay. On Xocliw's live stream, I could see my engineer stand there. But the "loading, please wait" screen never disappeared. I heard the Refiner next to the medbay where my engineer spawned, I could see people's "disconnected" icons float on top of the background image (see attached screenshot), but I couldn't see the world nor move nor click anything.

GTX 1060, SSD, 16 GB RAM, i5. Windows 10. Fullscreen Window. I have Steam Overlay and Window Gamebar and Discord integration.

Replies (4)

photo

screenshot: missing text on start screen

Screenshot: MP world covered up by "please wait" screen, with "disconnected player" icons on top

photo

I have the same Issue with empty text on the start screen and the other menus like join world.

photo

Hi,

thanks for the report.

photo

Regarding the missing (delayed) texts on the buttons

Fixed in upcoming version

Leave a Comment

Attach a file