This object is in archive! 

[1.189.033] Large floating grids disappear in space (VIDEO)

Sykel shared this bug 5 years ago
Solved

If you go at a distance of more than 1km from "floating" grids, they desappear

Replies (9)

photo

It's this the work of the trash remover being a bit more aggressive?Any block that doesn't have a power source is more likely to end up being cleaned up, to prevent space filling up with clutter and chunks of flying debris.

photo

I think so, distance should be greater than 1km. I figured it out when i came back from a nearby asteroid, i was looking for ores,

photo

I also had to modify the trash removal as it is really too aggressive, mostly in the start when you can sometime split a ship and have to move around and come back and found nothing when you are back. I would not go personally under 5000m of player before something get deleted, that the usual range on planet where you'll move around your base, once you progress in the game maybe this can be tweak again.

Probably the best fix would be delete thos grid if there is more than x number of grid in game, which began to be a real clutter. but losing half a starter ship in the first 1-2 hours of play alone is just frustrating.

photo
photo

This is because of server cleanup setting. It´s not a bug.

photo

Yes, but bug or not, it's a total immersion breaker. I'm playing solo, locally on my computer, i think devs should consider it as a bug for this reason.

photo

I agree with Sykel. Anything that can send you back to stone age because of non-clarification should be considered when polishing the survival aspect of the game. Either by adding info to the tutorial or by setting the default settings for a new player who play single-player.

photo
photo

I consider it a bug. On default settings, I undocked my starting rover and put the battery on recharge to save power. I jetpacked up 1k to look for deposit markers and trash removal removed my spawn rover with my only spawn point. Just because I unpowered it by setting it to recharge unconnected.

photo

This should be considered a bug.

Because you just can't get any simple ship to finish before it gets removed after coming back from some other place.... if you come back, the game is like: Well tough, start again.

photo

Hi, you can change settings for trash cleaner in administration tool (ALT+F10). Default settings are 500m, non-powered grids.

photo

What about that brand new player that doesn't even know what Alt+F10 does? That same player that doesn't read these bug reports? Should he loose stuff? Lets say he hits Y on his survival pod and then get out to take a stroll over the next hill? Should he loose his pod for that?

The defaults need to be changed.

photo

MX Duke is exactly right. I've experienced this myself, and I've seen complaints on every forum. While I understand the practical need for trash cleaning, the default settings are much too aggressive. Leaving a project half-finished because you need to gather more resources is a very common thing to do in gameplay; there should not be a risk that your half-finished project will simply vanish.

photo
photo

Hey, Support Guys? This thread is marked solved? This is not solved. Nothing in the default settings have changed. Whats up with that?

photo

As a bug, its solved. But if it were raised as a feedback posting, that would be a different story.

I'll make one if I can't find a relevant feedback listing.

I found a few. Give them an up-vote so they're more likely to get noticed.

trash-cleanup-settings-are-extremely-sensitive-and-cant-be-used-effectively

trash-removal-very-restrictive-confuses-new-players

more-options-for-trash-removal

photo
photo

I can confirm. This is not solved. In fact, I'm finding that even with trash cleaning disabled, grids are disappearing. I've had this happen with nearly every "encounter" I've found, most often on game load.

photo

So I can confirm that Keens fix was to disable the Y key in the spawn ship, so a newbee can't power it down. That doesn't stop them from loosing there first rover.

Proof in the video ----> https://youtu.be/lJm-scYnqTU

photo

Well it's not good. if I haven't tried it yet.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file