Servo

Dark Wolf shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

Very simple suggestion here. I'd like a servo block in game. Like an advanced rotor but without all the complex stuff. Essentially it should have a speed setting and and angle setting, where you set the angle and the rotor goes there; no other settings (besides on/off of course, and share inertia tensor).

I'm frankly quite tired of trying to figure out "Upper" and "Lower Limits" and stuff for all my Clang-inviting builds, especially when I don't want anything to move after it's set in place. Right now, that process takes way too long.

Replies (2)

photo

I agree that both pistons and rotors could benefit from rethinking the set of action and parameters and provide multiple options. I'd like, for example, to be able to set up buttons to control rotate clockwise, stop, rotate counter clockwise, or, rotate clockwise by 5 degrees (reconfigurable), rotate counter clockwise by 5 degree etc ... It's all doable with scripts, but scripts are not always available. Being able to map the angle/piston position to the mouse scroll wheel or a joysticks slider would be gold!

photo

Even digital control (Sensing when the reach their limits) Would be a great start....

Try to do a simple robot with how they work now, you can only do open loop automation (No feedback) wich is horrible, since its easy to miss the timing and the control is very poor. I want to programable blocks to come with something similar to Grafect or Scrach in the non-experimental setting.

photo

Feedback to enable basic control (like end-stops) would be excellent. A Scratch- like approach for a a "programmable block light" would be very welcome by many especially the non programmers, and by some programmers too (like those that can be asked to learn yet another API for just doing a simple job)

photo
photo

Isn't it great that we can report posts here on the forum for moderators to, well, moderate, especially when it's bots like these?

Oh wait, this is Keen's support forum, we can't!!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file