Joystick Remapping

David Thompson shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

Can you please include the ability to remap joystick buttons and axis assignments. At the moment, it does not seem possible to do this. I end up with most of the joystick buttons doing nothing while I am flying or driving and while flying, as an actual pilot, pushing the stick forwards to bring the nose up is completely counter-intuative.

Replies (4)

photo

Yes, full mapping, do it already!!

Out of early access. HA!!

photo

I totally agree with this! I usually paly whith a HOTAS (Warthog) and I think it would be cool to be able to assign multiple axes like in most of the games simulating flight : move forward/backward, up/down, left/right/ pitch, roll and yaw.

Since V193, when i select "joystick" in controller, it seems that the default controller is the Xbox manette and then the two Tools menu are present and the mouse doesn't work as intended (Left and right click not working)... Before, I could control my vessels by the X and Y axis to move in horizontal plan. Now, I can only use keyboard because I have to deactive analog controller in order to be able to use the mouse normally.

photo

This is a duplicate of https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/add-true-joystick-support.

The idea is being consider. Cast your vote and add your comments there

photo

Yes, I agree with David's comment. Also as Pascal says, on options menu if you select controls and try to select ANY joystick (two examples tested: "Crosswinds - (very simple rudder peddles)" and also a Ch brand composite "hotas" joystick ) the mouse becomes unusable both in the setup menu and and everywhere else in the game. Also as David says, being able to assign all buttons and axis on all your installed controllers is considered basic to properly implementing joystick controllers. Many serious gamers use joysticks and other analogue devices, not just one, but multiple devices. Given the nature of Space Engineers, it is a huge disappointment that this still hasn't been done after all these years! For a good example of proper joystick support examine how a flight simulator, "X-plane", supports multiple joysticks/analog devices. So in summary, as is, SE joystick support is unusable both in setup and game as on version 1.193.1 ! And once you fix that fundamental problem, and figure out how to get the basics to work at all just in your setup menu before you even start a game, then you can get it to work and make it truly useful, like for example the way "X-plane" does it and implement the required features as David suggests.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file