Projector Quality of life

Alex Moyer shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

So what i am thinking is add an option for projectors to only show the next block after you completely finish making the block before so you can run back and get more materials and try and and finish the ship or what ever you are making without messing up and have to tare apart the ship in order to find the missing block you missed or accident made but did not finish.

Replies (2)

photo

it dose, its called "show only Buildable" this will only show the next connected block and the blocks connected X,Y,Z.

hope that helps.

photo

No that is not what I mean.

What I mean is once you are done building the block and only once it is fully built will it allow the next block to be built.

photo

i was wonding if thats what you ment ,,

i asked about that a long time ago and it would need to change the way Grids are blueprinted ,,etc like a Number for each blocks but then if you have 4 blocks one in the middle and one up and down and one to the left and right how would that get Numbered etc ,,,

now you could use a script to turn off the projector untill a block is complete i know this will work with functional blocks but not sure about armor blocks.

photo

I know there might be a script but the whole reason I came here is to ask the devs to possibly add the option.

photo

Yea i get the problem i get it to sometimes when building larges ships "thanks for the build and repair mod lol" when u using hand or ship welders. i am for the idea but it would mean a big over haul of the projector and how blueprints are stored and made said a Dev a while back.

but you got my vote on this.

photo

Well I mostly doing this because of small ships considering how compact they are.

photo
photo

The upcoming 0.5.0 release of the Multigrid Projector is planned to allow for programmatic control of weldability at the block by block level. This feature will make it possible to implement any such algorithm easily in a PB or a mod, since the data source and the control API will be there, provided by the plugin. It is not possible by a simple mod, since as far as I am aware of mods cannot prevent welding.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file