Jump drives should have GPS search field in control panel tab

hobbes409 shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

First, when looking at GPS coordinates for a jump drive in the control panel tab, they are not sorted in the same order as in the GPS tab. This seems to be a bug

Second, it would very helpful to have a search field at the top of the list when selecting GPS coordinates for a jump drive, instead of having to slowly scroll through a long, incorrectly sorted list.

Replies (5)

photo

Just came to suggest the same thing after sitting for five minutes trying to find the destination I wanted in that tiny little window from my hundreds of GPS markers... My god, we need a search function in there.

photo

I agree there should be a search bar. Also, I believe they should be organized in alphabetical order, not by creation time. This would match the GPS tab and make scroll searching way easier (if we are stuck with that). Besides, the programming is already done, copy and paste from the GPS sorting code...

photo

UI and UX improvement, always a vote!

photo

I was about to suggest the same thing only to find out many people had requested it formerly.

This topic seem to have the most votes so I write on this.

Regarding your first statement, I believe jump drive list is sorted by date modified/created.

Which is somewhat convenient if you're trying to jump to a recent gps location but the whole list being a small window list with the lack of ability to search GPS's is very very inconvenient.

I really hope that it is added in the near future, but my hopes are low since this very topic is 12 months old.

photo

Yeah, I'm giving up hope on this one. It's ridiculous trying to find a GPS in the list with the current UI.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file