Add full block conveyor air vents!

Auhrii shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

Hello again! An ongoing issue I'm having is trying to make airtight interiors that look good, and I cannot stress enough how much the Conveyor Air Vent mod has helped me with that. Having vents that allow me to attach non-airtight blocks directly to their fronts to cover them up makes the interior look nice and saves a ton of space, and failing that it allows me to use them inline with floors or ceilings.

Additionally, it's great to be able to hook more conveyor tubes off it to continue my network, saving additional space. I don't want to make a habit of suggesting direct additions of mods to the vanilla game, but the blocks added by this mod seem to fit the game's aesthetic already and open up a lot more options.

Some screenshots, as examples:074f72c7439fbd3c45870d9f6f208a94

An inline floor vent, with a conveyor directly underneath that runs from the front to the back of the ship. With a regular air vent I would need something over the top of it, which would also need to be connected to blocks either side to keeps it secure, precluding the use of lights here. It saves blocks!

cad4ddd08726545491940b8f912c6ed0

A hidden air vent in my ship's reactor access, which also allows a pass-through to a turret on the dorsal hull section above.

26dcee1c4390caa5c7cbfbf01d58d225

Another air vent, hidden beneath the console block!

Replies (3)

photo

+ corner air vents

photo

one of the things that the normal air vents do is allow for compact spaces to be pressurized, its a half a block, so you can put it to the side, and squeeze past it, put one of the old windows in front of it to conceal it, or better yet, make a ventilation system, you could also add doors to allow for bulk heading to keep the entire ship from losing pressurization should one room lose it

yes you lose a lot of easy and hidden ways to make things look sleek, but the game is about engineering and industrial design, not about modern, rounded, alien-looking designs... kinda like how Minecraft just sticks with blocks and mainly just blocks

photo

Space Engineers is about engineering, but saying that it's about industrial design alone - not modern/alien/rounded/sci-fi/what have you - is akin to saying that Minecraft is about "stone" design and that you shouldn't build from wood/glass/clay/metals et cetera, or that round and 2x1x1 sloped blocks are a heresy and must not be used by anyone, or that sci-fi/camooflage/gold/neon skins are evil...

Come on - it's a big creative sandbox! The players should have the freedom to decide what theme they want to build their ships in - elegantly minimalistic, or functional and industrial, or exotic and alien-looking, or clockworky-steampunkish, or... well, even sky is not the limit. :3

photo
photo

There's a Mod for this. Includes a slope.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410678202

photo

That mod is already linked in the suggestion. Please don't recommend mods in the comments of block suggestions, it's likely that people making such suggestions are either already using the mod or want to play vanilla.

photo

Yes, but we need vanilla option :) and this new heat block looks very nice, but as air it will be more usefull

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file