[Suggestion] Ability to save mod list(and export for use on server)

Trond E. shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

I would very much like the ability to save a list of the mods used in my game, so I don`t have to go through and add every single mod I want one by one, every time I start a new game.

How it might work:

* A button could be added to the mod screen when editing the details for the game, saved or new, that saves the current list of mods with a name of my choosing: "Save mod list"

* When starting a new game, go to the mods screen and hit "Load mod list", get a list of whatever saved mod lists I have. Choose one and it`s all set up and ready to go!

* "Export mod list" could be a third option, where the mod list is formatted for use on dedicated servers.

Replies (3)

photo

I use a lot of mods. Takes me ages to allocate them into a new game. The ability to save a list of mods would save me so much time! Really surprised this only had 5 votes.

photo

You can start your new game, exit, find your Sandbox_config.sbc of the world with the mods you want, copy everything between <Mods> down to </Mods>, and paste it into the file Sandbox_config.sbc of the new world you just made.

I don't yet know if it keeps the proper mod order, my guess is "no" as the list is not in the same order as the one in my game. So I would also like to see that if this does become a thing, that they ensure that the saved mod lists have their mod orders kept.

photo

YES I NEED IT

Leave a Comment

Attach a file