Build Planner Dump Queue Shortcut Needed

Collin Barker shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

Have been playing with build planner for a few hours right now, along with easy inventory

Good idea incorporating it into the game, but from my experience, and from W4stedspace, TheXPGamers, Splitsie and Texfire, the main issue with it is the lack of a hotkey to dump the queue. Right now, if you build an object partially using the build planner, and then some one else finishes it, it is still in your queue. To remove, you have to open g menu, and clear the list there. As this mod is a quality of life mod, designed to make things easier, this adds annoyance to the system, and starts questioning its validity in the game.

Adding in a shortcut key, similar to those set up already, designed to dump the queue, would greatly improve personal usage. This is a major hinderance in multiplayer, when you can have someone laying basic parts, and then many people finishing it, but you cannot pull any more parts until you dump the list manually.

Please add this to the game. Maybe on alt middle mouse, if that is not already taken

Ps. If this is already in the game, where is it? I cannot find it in any documentation, or the help screen

Thank you

Replies (1)

photo

Yeah, this at least partially negates its "quality of life" purpose. Having to open another screen and use the mouse in order to then be able to close that screen and use the quality of life shotcut binds for inventory is a bit contradictory.

I also think it's why there are so many questions about how it works, or comments that it "doesn't work properly". Even players like Wasted, Splitsie, etc, make "mistakes" with build planner where they queue the wrong items to build, or withdraw the wrong items, and I am quite certain it is because they still had items in their queue that they didn't realise were there. If you have to open the G menu every time and check your queue in order to be sure you don't run into this problem, then why have the hotkeys at all?

A bind to clear the build planner queue would solve both of these issues. I, personally, would very quickly incorporate it as a habitual action when queuing components to assemble or gathering components for welding. The fact that it's surely an extremely simple thing to add to the game leaves me surprised that this suggestion has been open for two years already.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file